Sunday, October 23, 2011

There's a Chill in the Air....

It is my absolute FAVORITE time of year...fall - love everything about this season...from the clothes, to the crisp smell in the air, to spending time with family & friends, comfort food, the rustle of the leaves and, of course, Halloween! I've always said that Halloween is like a national holiday at my house. We've been decorating our home, inside and out for the last couple of weeks and it looks amazing. One theme we have followed through during this year is trying NEW things and I've been stepping out of my creative box and trying new techniques, new lines and working with different mediums. I've always been a scrapbooker and not much of a stamper or cardmaker, so I decided to try my hand at it. Well, at both. And what favorite inspiration - making Halloween cards to send to our friends & family!




I started off in my safe little creative box and just did a complete copy of a card that was purchased from a Close to My Heart Kit - (Image 1) This was basically to get my feet wet, but I was still a little unsure of myself. My husband came in and reassured me that yes, I could create my own card designs and this is what I came up with (Images 2 through 5).

I purchased the stamp kit from CTMH but basically everything else used was from items that I already had in my scrapbook room..everything from metal brads, .a mixture of stamping techniques on the paper, to distressing edges, stickling, glossy glaze, glitter, a border kit, and layering of paper..I also distressed some of the paper edges in gray, rather than using black, and I have to say, I love the way they came out and hope that you do to!

Sometimes we get stuck in that creative rut, and you have to step out of your comfort zone to discover the new stuff that lies within and is just dying to come out! And, there is always something new to try - a new technique or a new product. Combine that with your imagination, some items that you already have laying around and let your creative juices flow....whatever your inspiration may be.  Enjoy this season and take in everything it has to offer - the smells, the colors, the crisp air...Happy Fall...

xoxo
Barbara

1 comment: